Possible job relocation to West Palm Beach area

jaredsmom
on 1/22/08 12:44 am - Littleton, CO
I am a big person for research, so I thought I'd post here for info. My hubby has a job interview next Monday in Riviera Beach.  I have been madly checking out houses on Realtor.com and looking at schools (middle) for my son on Greatschools.com . So far I've found some good houses in Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Royal Palm Beach, Loxahatchee, Wellington, Lake Worth, and Boynton Beach. I'd love to hear pros and cons of those areas and imput on schools. I don't know if hubby is going to get an offer, but I thought it might be a good idea to get prepared. Thanks, Susan PS- Any local WLS support groups would also be appreciated.
jgas3
on 1/22/08 4:57 am - Port Saint Lucie , FL
Hi Susan I'm Joe i Live about 60 miles north of west palm. There are some great areas,just depends on the neighborhood,Jupiter is a lil on the expensive side but is a great place with great schools. Royal Palm,Lox,Wellington are nice also w/great schools.  Very crowded in winter time as all the snowbirds fly down for the warm air.  I had my RNY on 12-04-07 at Jupiter Medical center they have a great support group there. Jupitermedicalcenter.com     i think and look for bariatrics and you can call Dr. Vaughans office and ask for Joanne she is the nurse coordinater she will take care of your support needs good luck hope to see you at a meeting  Joe G
jgas3
on 1/22/08 4:59 am - Port Saint Lucie , FL
more info
Name: Jupiter Medical Center
Phone: (561) 744-4461
ask for bariatrics joe g
Maggi K.
on 1/22/08 10:58 am - Royal Palm Beach, FL

I live in Royal Palm.  There are some wonderful developments here.  I personally like the Royal Palm/Wellington/Loxahatchee area.  The middle schools are varied.  I am a teacher and pulled my 6th grader to a private school, however there are good schools around.  The taxes in Wellington are higher than RPB and Lox.  Housing is higher in Wellington.  If you are looking for a house inLake Worth, make sure it is west of Jog Road.  The area is changing so much,  There are some great houses on 441 south of Forest Hill, too.

Dr Larson is the Bariatric Surgeon at JFK Hospital in Atlantis.  JFK is known for the cardiac care.  They just moved another surgeon in that had done many RNY (Dr. Simon).  They meet every third Monday of the month and they are starting another group another night also.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about the area.  My DH is an exterminator and is in all areas of the county.  He may be able to shed some light on the areas you are looking at

Have a great day!!

Maggi

"Nothing is worth more than this day,"  Goethe

jaredsmom
on 1/22/08 11:11 am - Littleton, CO

To which private school did you send your son?  Here's the list of ones I found that had the best ratings.

Bak Middle School of the Arts   1725 Echo Lake Dr, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Academy of International Studies   757 Lighthouse Dr, North Palm Beach, FL 33408
Woodlands Middle School   5200 Lyons Rd, Lake Worth, FL 33467
Crestwood Community Middle School   64 Sparrow Dr, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
Western Academy Charter School   500 F-K Royal Plaza Rd, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
Wellington Landings Middle School   1100 Aero Club Dr, Wellington, FL 33414

My son has been in private school since kindergarten, but most of the ones there are a LOT more than what we pay in CO ($4500 per yr.) Thanks for the info!!! Susan
rolmar
on 2/23/08 5:05 am - Greenacres, FL
Hi Maggi, This is off-topic...........I live in Greenacres. I had my surgery in December at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston. Can you give me more information about the JFK Group Meetings? Are they open to everyone? I currently drive 1 hour to attend the CC Group Meetings. Any information is grately appreciated. Mary Beth :-)

carlak
on 1/22/08 11:46 am - Bradenton, FL
HI Susan, Its Carla from Colorado!!!!! You remember me!!!!! I have never been over to Palm Beach but I moved to Bradenton near Sarasota in Augest. I decided I had enough of Colorado and moved to a warmer climate!!!!! We are on the west Coast.  You will love the warmth here. Carla
image hosting site

jaredsmom
on 1/23/08 1:50 am - Littleton, CO
Hey Carla, Long time no see!  I'm glad you like FL.  I'll let you know if Chris gets the job and we move there!! Susan
Luvitsunny
on 1/26/08 9:40 am - Sunny South, FL
West Palm Beach is wonderful.   My son and his family live in WPB and my daughter's husband is a fireman/paramedic for Palm Beach County.  In fact, if you are in need of financing  for housing, my son is a mortgage banker and his website is listed on my personal profile or you can email me.  He is a very honest and trustworthy person...he will help you in this very precarious housing time.  He works for SunTrust Bank.  He is associated with Keller-Williams Realty.  Feel free to contact him at the website on my profile, or simply just email me. My grandchildren attend a private non-denominational Christian school.  If you are of Christian faith, a great church is Christ Fellowship (gochristfellowship.com).  Pastor Tom Mullins and author./leader John Maxwell are wonderful.   Let me know if I can be of any help.  I live in Miami...had my WLS in Fort Lauderdale but hope to live in WPB when hubby retires.... Blessings,

See God's track record in your journey,

decide that you will trust Him. 

jaredsmom
on 1/26/08 11:02 am - Littleton, CO
Thanks for the info.  I'll be in contact if anything develops with the job!!  Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views